Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tired Angelrat

I was not built to be houseproud, I dont think! I spent quite a bit of time this morning cleaning in the bathroom and toilet, I am soooo not fond of being on my hands and knees scrubbing.... but especially in the loo there is no other way. On the up-side though, they do look really good now! I want to know what sort of mind thinks white bathrooms and loos are a good idea, I'd be going for a nice sort of biscuit color I think... the grubby would never show then! (And I wouldnt have to waste valuable scrapping time on scrubbing!)

Have you ever noticed how, when you tidy (excavate!) that if you have any children in the house it's pretty much a given that they will follow in your wake, finding things they havent seen for a while and reclaiming them - then leaving them lying around again just a few minutes later? I wonder why that is... it makes me NUTS!!!

I broke my vacuum cleaner today, too. It's an old Godfreys one, and instead of retracting the cord before changing rooms, I just unplugged it then dragged it off to the next room. When I felt a snag I gave it a bit of a tug... and dang if the machine didnt just break in half! I couldnt believe it, it looked like a broken rifle. Turned out the plug had snagged under the door. Pfft. And of course, the part that actually turns it on was on the broken bit so now it's inoperable. Bugger.

I think this evening will be dedicated to the gentle art of scrapping - I could use the therapy!

cheerio for now

Angelrat the Mozz.

3 comments:

lisa said...

I totally get you on the white bathroom and loo thing. Unfortunately though - I am the one to blame in this house :( Many a time I have nearly gassed myself cleaning the tiles in the loo - ARGH!!!

I think you'd better spend some time scrapping just to relax ;)

Oh and poo bum to your vacuum! I can thoroughly recommend a dyson.

Enjoy your scrapping, :o) Lisa xx

Susan C said...

What a great excuse - can't vacuum 'cause its broken.

I know its a pain but isn't nice to have a clean bathroom and loo.

Tess said...

LMAO @ the vaccuum, i have lost count how many vaccy's i've broken or blown up since we've had the business!! one hint about white bathrooms....ajax professional!! or good old fashioned pool chlorine..yes liquid pool chlorine!! just spray it on the tiles and grout and it will be as white as the day you tiled it!!! (just make sure your windows are open and you have plenty of ventilation!!) just wash it off, no scrubbing necessary..and that ajax professional really does work too!!!