Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday - breakup day!

YAY! no school for two weeks!

Today was fun! My Year 8s did mostly random activities, but the really good bit was checking out what Year 7 and 10 did. There was yummy nosh from the Year 7s - and some of my cheeky Year 8 girls got LOTS of free samples! Top of the totally gross was this heart...
Image hosting by Photobucket

The idea was that you could see what the heart of a smoker might look like compared to the heart of a non-smoker, what they did was to paint a sheep heart with black paint! GROSS! I wouldnt touch it even with gloves but Claire and Suha were happy to.... yukko!

It was really cool to see so many (normally scruffy!!!) Year 10s dolled up in their posh clothes, some of them looked really grown up.

At the end of the day, the Year 8s gathered in one room for the presentation of their projects they'd worked on. There was some really good work done - and I was ever so proud of my girls who did some fab painting... pity the BOYS didnt lend a hand... Ah well, it was a fun week :)

Now I am quite tired... more than ready for a day off tomorrow, noshing on hot cross buns!

Toodles for now
Angelrat.

1 comment:

Bev said...

eww gross!!! Lol I am a smoker so mine would be black!